* You find excellent remedy for your dull hair in moisturizers with humectants, a simple one being safflower oil. However, you should not apply safflower oil directly to your scalp. Instead, take a few drops in your hand and apply on hair ends while it is dry. You need to keep it on your hair for at least two hours before washing it off. This helps to bring in and retain enough moisture through humectants.
* It is better to avoid using different heat styling agents like curling irons and blow dryers as they cause breakage and split ends. This damages your hair.
* If you need to use blow dryers, try with lowest temperature and a round brush. You need to dry hair roots first.
* Apply conditioners on hair ends only and you need to comb through conditioners to preserve moisture of your hair.
* Moisturizing shampoos on alternate days and only water rinsing on between days produces effective results.
* Body sunscreen is effective on your dull hair also, while you are enjoying at beachside or out in sun.
* Apply oil on your hair once a week and shampooing after an hour is excellent for your hair.
* Apply mixture of curd and egg on hair once a week before shampooing is an excellent remedy for dull hair.
* Clarifying shampoos washes away residue from different conditioners and other styling agents. These stick as residue to your hair and scalp and rob your hair of its luster and shine.
* Wash your hair with cool or cold water to seal hair cuticles and bring in bounce into your hair.
* It is best to avoid all hair products containing lanolin, silicone, two-in-one products, gels, and sprays.